Friday, July 21, 2006

James' New Job

Well it's not a new type of job but it is different. I applied for a courier position full tie and I didn't get it the first time around. But a week later I found out I got a contract postion for 1 year working 37.5 hours a week (full time for us).

So Starting September 5th 2006 for 1 year I'm going to be working Monday to Friday (and every 6th Saturday) instead of working every weekend. Now I'm going to be able to go out with my friends and have people over on the weekends. I'm excited.

Now you might be saying "James why are you taking a 1 year contract?"

Well the answer is this. I'm going to be taking some classes online this year and I didn't want to be working for only 2 days a week. I feel that I can take the online classes and work. The hours at work aren't bad and I know I'll have time to get the course work done. I have 3 classes ot take and I'm going to take 2 at once and then 1 after that. Each class can take up to 6 months so that is 12 months at most of online classes for me...See how it matches up with a 12 month contract?

Well it's going to be excitiing for me but we'll see how I feel a few months into it.

No comments: