Thursday, March 16, 2006

New Glasses!

Well It happened. I went to the eye doctor and found out that I need glasses. It's not that I can't see, I can see better than 20/20 ( 20/15 in fact!) but the muscles in my eyes are wanting to go outward and not stay straight ahead. So I have a prism put in these glasses and that will train the muscles to go back to normal. Does that make sence?...Lets try an example

You know when you see people walk and they walk with thier toes pointing outward like the penguin? Same thing with the muscles in my eyes. The glasses will make them normal. The good news is I should only wear them when I have eye strain or when my eyes are tired. So it should be less than 10 hours a week. If I wear them too much then my eyes will get used to them and become dependant on them. I don't want that.

Here's a picture of me with my new look. I picked some cool glasses (hey if I only have to wear them for at most 10 hours a week, they should be cool)

Now I just need to prevent (or quit) dropping them.
...
...
...
Ok now it's time for my friends to give me lots of praise for my new glasses...come on....

5 comments:

Zack said...

Yay you've joined the rest of us four eyed freaks!

Anonymous said...

yeah no kidding.. welcome to the club... now you look like the rest of us :P they look good.. but very artsy.. very very artsy..
:P kerri

Zack said...

Did you expect any less from James?

Kerri how come you never comment at my blog?

Anonymous said...

You look so much better with glasses! Is the prism helping you to focus better? I may need one too.

James said...

Thanks Anon.

I do find that the prisim is helping me a lot. Mainly when I drive and read for long periods.

So who are you? You didn't leave a name...drop me a line at firstera_co@hotmail.com