Thursday, September 07, 2006

New Contract, Old Job

Well Tuesday September 5th came and it meant that I got to start my new one year contract. I'm still working wit hthe same company but instead of spending every weekend working I'm now working Monday to Friday and it is more bankers hours then late night or early morning hours.

The nice part about working Monday to Friday with GDML is that I now have my own car to drive around. I'll spend the next year driving this car...I think I'll call her Emma (Come on Emma...Did you get the simpsons' quote there) but I'm still thinking about it. Below is a pic of the car...Wow a 2004 Ford Focus Wagon. This one is a middle of the road one as it has power mirrors and heated seats. No power windows or adjustable steering wheel but oh well, the heated seats will be nice this winter.

The car was really dirty when I got it because quite a few different people were driving it and you always seem to take better care of a car when you are the only one driving it. It is sitll kinda dirty but I socked it down with soap then I got a STAT call so I had to do a quick rinse off and then go pick up the STAT. Oh well, it'll happen.

I'll write more about my first week and about the long weekend but I have to get up and go to work tomorrow then we're off to the lake again.

Oh Zack, I hope your foot gets better ( see his blog, link on the right)

1 comment:

Zack said...

Thanks for the foot concern. It is doing much better, I can walk normally again!

Congrats on the new(old) job. Those hours will be much more conducive to having a social life. We're up in Turtle lake this weekend but we should get together sometime next week.